Steps to Becoming a PGA Member
In order to become a PGA member, you will need to become a registered apprentice and go through the PGA Professional Golf Management (PGA PGM) Program. To register into the PGA PGM Program, you must:
- All individuals registering or re-registering as an apprentice must complete a Background Check. To complete the Background Check, click here.
(If you have been convicted of a felony, misdemeanor or equivalent, you should submit documentation to the PGA Membership Department to determine your eligibility for PGA Membership prior to proceeding. Per the PGA Code of Ethics, certain transgressions are cause for permanent preclusion to PGA Membership.)
- Access the Qualifying Level Courses on the PGA Knowledge Center and pass the Qualifying Test. Click here for further details.
- Satisfy the PAT requirement. For information click here.
- PLEASE NOTE: You are encouraged to verify the expiration dates for the Qualifying Level Courses and the PAT requirement. These expiration dates are noted in the above links.
- Individuals shall be eligibly employed in one of the following classifications.
- You must be full-time eligibly employed at the time of registration.
- Participation in an amateur event will forfeit all work experience credits earned prior to the event.
- Level 1 must be successfully completed within two years of the Level 1 start date
- Level 2 must be successfully completed within two years of the Level 2 start date
- Level 3 and election to PGA Membership must be successfully accomplished within eight years of the Level 1 start date
Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Phone: (305) 273-1616
Fax: (305) 273-1338
Translation Fax: (305) 273-1984
World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 01-5060
Miami, FL 33101
Phone: (800) 937-3899 or (305) 358-6688
Amateur Status: Work experience earned prior to participating in an amateur event will be forfeited.
* Individuals previously terminated for failure to purchase the Level 1 Kit, must now access the Qualifying Level and pass the Qualifying Test to be eligible to register as an apprentice.
Note: All applicants are required to read and write in English to successfully complete the PGA Professional Golf Management Program.
If you have any questions concerning this information or requirements to become a PGA member, call PGA Membership Services at (800) 474-2776.